If you’ve ever wondered what your chocolate chip cookies are missing, I know what it is. A pillow of cream cheese in the middle. Ohhh-emmm-gee. These are my favorite of all the cookies I’ve made, and they’re great as a holiday gift!
Ingredients: (for approx. 16 cookies)
. Unbaked, refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough. Feel free to use Pillsbury. Or my fantastic recipe.
. 6 oz. cream cheese, room temperature
. 2 oz. white chocolate melted and cooled
. 2 tbsp sugar
. 1 tsp vanilla
1. Combine all ingredients (except cookie dough) in a bowl and mix until smooth.
2. Preheat oven to 350F. Prep cookie sheet with parchment paper.
3. Divide cookie dough into relatively thick slices. It depends on how much dough you have, but I usually end up with about 16 slices.
4. Flatten a slice into a disc between your palms. Plop a tbsp of cream cheese filling into the middle of the cookie, and fold up the sides to surround and conceal the creamy center.
5. Bake for 15-18 minutes, until edges are golden brown. Let them rest on the pan for a couple minutes, then move to a cooling rack to cool completely.