I’ve never posted about my favorite peanut butter cookie recipe before, and Christmas seems like a great time to bust it out.
These are great to make a big ol’ batch of for gifts, or trays, or just to snack on from the freezer. Enjoy!
Ingredients: (for 3 dozen smaller cookies, or about 2 dozen larger ones)
3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
1/8 cup of butter, 1/8 cup of shortening (2 tbsp of each)
1 1/4 cups firmly packed brown sugar
3 tablespoons milk
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 large egg
1 3/4 cups flour
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 teaspoon salt
1. Preheat oven to 375F and prep a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
2. Combine peanut butter, butter, shortening, brown sugar, milk, and vanilla. Cream together, then add egg and beat until just blended.
3. Combine flour, baking soda and salt. Gradually blend in to the peanut butter mixture. Add in peanut butter chips if you have them lying around!
4. Roll tablespoons of dough into balls, and plop onto your baking sheet. Press down in a criss-cross pattern with a fork.
5. Bake for 7-8 minutes, then move to a cooling rack to cool completely. Eat some. 🙂