I just went over my goals from last month. Oh my goodness, I think it’s safe to say I failed miserably this month.
June goal review.
1. Run 5K at least once a week.
Nooooope. I ran 5K twice this month, but that’s it.
2. Stretch for 15 minutes every day. Work my oversplits and back bendiness too.
Noooope. I did this maybe twice a week.
3. Make time to hit the gym twice a week, + my 5K run. I want three consistent cardio sessions per week.
Noooope. I hit the gym twice a week consistently, but not the running. I also started having issues with my Achilles tendon, so I’ve been staying off the treadmill.
Health & Mental Wellness Goals.
1. Use my Weight Watchers tools on the weekends, which I have so not been doing. My goal is to lose 1-2 lbs per week.
Whoooa, nope. I am off the dieting crazy-train completely, and I have zero regrets about that. Read my anti-diet posts here.
2. Get at least 2 massages this month.
3. Read one new, non-baking book. If I can find another baking “theory” book read that too.
I managed to read 3 big books in a week, but they weren’t new. Oh well. I like reading!
4. Apply for two jobs a week.
5. Work on chilling out.
Hmm. I’m trying, I really am. I’m reading up on meditation and mantras and everything. But I’m still getting headaches.
6. Get my hair done.
Noooope. However I did get a bang trim and lots of retail therapy in Minneapolis, so that makes up for it.
Yikes. I’m going to put a reminder in my phone so I’ll remember to check my goals weekly, maybe next month will look a little better.
Goals for July.
These goals should be much easier to reach. 🙂
1. Make the time to run a 5K every week without fail, because I will be upping my mileage by the end of the month.
2. Keep looking for jobs that interest me. Don’t give up!
3. Remember that I hate diets, and they don’t work for me. I’ve been feeling the urge to diet again, and I know it can be hard to ignore the siren song of a promising diet. Stay strong.
4. Hit up the gym, often. Since I don’t have dance for another month, I need to keep active and occupied. Strength work three times a week (because I like it better) and cardio twice a week.
Don’t beat myself up if I miss a workout, but definitely put in the effort.
5. Take care of myself. Relax when I need it, exercise, wear clothes that are comfortable and fit me properly, eat enough but not too much.
Moisturize my face, paint my nails, and keep my hair in shape, because the little things make me feel better about the way I look.
6. Stretch, lots.
What are you goals for the month?