Here’s a little tidbit about me. I love having elaborate breakfasts. With a fresh cup of french press coffee. Everyday.
I love these protein pancakes. They’re filling, nutritious and can be as decadent as you like!
Whisk in the dry ingredients.
Mix in liquids.
Make ’em extra delicious. (insert picture of tons of chocolate chips or and fruit going into pancakes.)
Just a warning, these pancakes are delicious but very unphotogenic.
Thanks so much to Susan for the original recipe!
1 30g scoop of protein powder (i use vanilla or unflavoured)
2 tbsp whole wheat flour
2 tbsp ground flax seed
1 tsp baking soda
1 packet of stevia (optional)
1 small boatload of cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup egg whites (to make more authentic pancakes, I crack an egg into a measuring cup, then fill up to the 1/2 cup line with egg whites)
1/2 cup milk (if you’re trying to lower the calorie count, use almond milk)
1. Whisk together dry ingredients.
2. Add vanilla, egg + whites and milk. Mix together.
3. Pour a ladle of batter onto a medium heat frying pan or griddle, greased with cooking spray.
4. Now is a good time to add fun toppings. Chocolate chips, banana, coconut, chocolate chips, walnuts, blueberries, chocolate..
5. Cook until little bubbles form and pop on the uncooked side, flip, and cook for another minute or two.