If you’ve never had blondies, you are missing out. They’re like brownies, minus the chocolate, and replaced with a brown-sugar-butterscotchy flavour. They are fantastic!
This recipe from Smitten Kitchen is dense, sweet, and almost fudgy. No cakey blondies over here.
(for an 8×8)
1/2 cup butter, melted
1 cup brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup flour
pinch of salt
add-ins (flavoured chips, pieces of chocolate bars, nuts, dried fruit… the possibilities are endless.)
1. Grease an 8×8 pan, or line with parchment paper. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. Mix the melted butter with brown sugar, beat until smooth.
3. Beat in egg and vanilla.
4. Stir in flour and salt with a spatula or wooden spoon.
5. Stir in add-ins. My personal favourites are white chocolate + macadamia nuts, butterscotch chips, or biiig chunks of peanut butter cups and a drizzle of melted chocolate or pb chips after it’s been baked. Yuuum.
6. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the middle is set.
7. Let cool for an 1 hour or so, then cut and serve. Easy!