What is it about this banana bread that makes it so awesome?
Honestly, I have no idea. Not a clue.
But I didn’t give it the name “better than yo mama’s” for no reason. I’ve heard so many tearful “It’s better than my mom’s!” it made the name change necessary. I only wish I was joking.
This bread is just a bit sweet, super moist, and full of banana-chocolate-chip flavour. I have to say, it’s the best I’ve ever had.
Enjoy showing up some angry mamas!
1/2 cup butter
2 beaten eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup sugar
3 super duper ripe bananas
2 cups flour
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1/3 cup hot water
about 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
at least 1/2 cup chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 325F, and lightly grease a loaf pan.
2. Melt the butter, add sugar and cream together.
3. Add beaten eggs, vanilla and mashed bananas. Mix until smooth.
4. Add flour, baking soda and and salt. Combine gently.
5. Lastly, add in the hot water and add-ins. Mix, then pour batter into one or two loaf pans. I always make one, but apparently this recipe is for two loaves. Whoops.
6. Bake for 55 mins if making two loaves, about 1 hour and 15-30 mins for one loaf. You’ll have to pay a little attention to it near the end of the baking time.
7. Let cool for 20 mins, then flip onto a cooling rack to cool completely.