i knew i’d be baking this recipe the moment i saw it on Picky Palate.
i thought peanut butter + butterscotch, and immediately thought of these.
which i loooove, love love love.
god, these cookies are fantastic.
just sayin’, after this recipe, i’m not sure i’ll ever go back to plain-jane peanut butter cookies.
the butterscotch in the recipe totally enhances the brown sugary-peanut buttery taste, and it’s just so good. easily my favourite pb cookie recipe. Thanks so much to the extremely talented Jenny from Picky Palate for the recipe! :)
You start off by melting some butterscotch chips.
Ohhhhh wait, I forgot something super important. Baking fuel.
I usually go for a blue Monster energy drink, but I was feeling classy today. Everyone needs a $4 mocha sometimes.
Then, mix up your butter (margarine, in this case) and both sugars until nice and fluffy.
I haven’t taken baking-process pictures in a lonnnng time, so I kept forgetting to take pictures. My bad. :(
After mixing in the melted butterscotch chips and a gratuitous amount of peanut butter, plop in your egg and vanilla.
whurrrrrrrrr. (that’s my hand mixer imitation, it could use some work.)
And of course, add the dry ingredients, which I did not take a picture of, and your batter is good to go!
Dibs on this one!
I realized after I had made the cookies, I completely forgot to roll ‘em in sugar before baking. Ugggggggghhhhh. Oh well, guess I’ll have to make them again! :D
And 10 minutes later…
Daaaaayum! Wonderful, chewy, flavourful peanut butter butterscotch cookies.
And there you have it. A simple, tasty recipe which I am definitely keeping for the rest of my life.
You have not seen the last of these babies, I think the next step in somehow getting marshmallows involved.
List of ingredients:
1/2 cup softened butter (1 stick)
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 1/4 cups smooth peanut butter
1 cup butterscotch chips, melted
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup butterscotch chips
(about 48 cookies, depending on how big you make them.)
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees, and prep your cookie sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking sheets.
2. Plop butter and both sugars into a bowl, cream together until nice and fluffy.
3. Melt butterscotch chips over low heat, stirring constantly.
4. Add the melted butterscotch chips and peanut butter into the butter/sugar mixture.
5. Beat in egg and vanilla.
6. In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt. Then gently stir into the wet(ish?) ingredients and mix until just combined. Add in the extra cup of butterscotch chips.
You’ll want to mix with a wooden spoon or spatula, because if you use a hand-held mixer you will have flour everrryyyywhere.
7. Scoop dough using a tablespoon and roll into a ball. Roll dough ball in sugar, if that tickles your fancy, before placing it onto your cookie sheet. You should be able to get 12 on each sheet.
8. Bake for 9-11 minutes, or until the tops of the cookies don’t look greasy, and the cookie springs back if you gently poke it.
9. Remove, let it bake on the pan for a few minutes (as long as the bottoms aren’t burning), then schlep the cookies to a cooling rack.
10. Eat one after approx. 7 minutes of cooling, because it’ll be just cool enough to not burn your taste buds off. You are going to LOVE these cookies. :)